ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS WHO PLAN TO SELL AN ANIMAL AT JUNIOR LIVESTOCK SALE
“Each exhibitor who plans to sell an animal must have submitted (to the Extension Office between May 15 and June 15) a thank you and/or personal invitation to a previous Gunnison County Livestock Buyer as part of their Sale Promotion responsibilities to be able to participate in the Junior Livestock Sale.”
If you have forgotten your buyer contact the Extension office. If you have not sold at the Livestock Sale before contact the Extension office and we will give you a buyer to invite.
There are stories of buyers who have returned to buy a specific animal based on how they were thanked the year before. There are stories of a buyer who did not return because they were not thanked the year before. There would not be a sale without buyers and they should never be taken for granted.
Please go beyond “Thank you again for buying my animal and please come to the sale again, or, thank you for supporting 4-H and I am inviting you to the sale” in your thank you and invitation.
– Here are some guidelines to writing a great letter and invitation information:
– 2014 4-H/FFA Junior Livestock Sale is July 12 at 2:00 pm with a barbeque starting at 12:30. They will receive two barbeque tickets later in the mail.
– Thank them for buying your animal in the past or for buying an animal or for supporting 4-H.
– Tell them something about you and your project or your 4-H experiences. Tell them “why they should come to the sale and buy your animal again.” They enjoy reading about any details you share.
– Contact the Extension office if you have any questions, 641-1260.
Swine ID’s are due by May 16 in 4-H Online
Horse ID’s are due by June 1 in 4-H Online
Sherry Redden will cover rabbit care and raising for members in all Rabbit and Poultry projects. Showmanship and handling pointers will also be provided. Would be a great opportunity for new and experienced members.
Wednesdays, Starting May 14
1st year members 5:30 p.m.to 6:30 p.m.
2nd year and above members 6:15 to 7:00 p.m.
Esty Room – Multipurpose Building
Record Book Help Session
After school to 6:00 p.m. – Come when you can
Everybody should be working on their projects by now including their record book. Whether your project is market goat or electricity you should be keeping track of your activities, expenses, health treatments, and more.
Colorado State Shooting Sports Contests
Saturday, August 16, 2014
.22 Rifle/Juniors Pueblo West
Archery/Seniors Lake Pueblo State Park
Sunday, August 17, 2014
.22 Rifle/Seniors Pueblo West
Archery/Juniors Pueblo West
More details can be found at www.co4hshooting.org